DIY Gaming Chair Sound System - Weekend Project
|Leveled-up workstation music! Literally feel the Bass!|
Weekend rest day! I needed something to do.
And since I have 3 Bluetooth speakers lying around the house, Why not create a Do-it-yourself Gaming Chair Sound System?
- Is this a surround sound system? Unfortunately No.
- But does it surround you with music while you chill on your Gaming Chair? Yes!
- Can this pass as a movie theatre system? Yes, a little.
- Does this convert your gaming chair into a speaker? Yes!
- Can this make you "feel" the music? Absolutely!
- Will this improve my gaming skills? No. Live with it.
What I have:
2pcs JBL Go 3 (Super Clean. I love this so much, I have 2) - Bluetooth
1pc Awei y669 (This is a Bass Monster) - Bluetooth
1pc Logitech Z313 (This is also a Bass Monster) - AUX via HDMI Monitor
1 Windows 11 Laptop - Lenovo Idea Pad Slim 5 Pro
My final Setup Looks like this:
|Back: a Power bank sits in the middle :)|
Visually, it does look like a DIY project. But the good parts of this project are the Software challenges and the Music experience afterward.
- Connect all the Bluetooth speakers to the PC
- Connect the AUX Speaker to the PC
- Install Voicemeeter Potato
- Configure the Potato
I followed this intuitive tutorial on how to install and properly use Voicemeeter.
Since I installed Potato, I can connect 5 Speakers.
The fun part is the syncing of the speakers. Bluetooth speakers have different latencies, so it has delays that seem like an echo. I am sure there is a way to calculate the latencies accurately, but I got lazy.
I remembered that I have a pretty accurate sense of hearing. So I figured the amount of delay by ear.
A1 JBL Go 3
A2 JBL Go 3
A3 HDMI (Logitech z313)
A4 Awei y669
The ultimate challenge for this were:
- How to play on multiple Bluetooth speakers simultaneously? Answer: Use Voicemeeter Banana or Potato
- How to fix delays on Bluetooth speakers? Answer: Adjust Monitoring Synchro Delay in Voicemeeter
Speakers Lying around the house
|JBL Go 3||P2,400 x2 (but I got 1 as a gift)|
|JBL Bar 5.1 hannel||P38,699|
|Logitech Z906 5.1||P20,000|